· Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
I am Sapna, a wife and mother about which i am, proud of " I have a Masters degree in English Literature, Diploma in Tourism to boast of. However, never did I felt the need to be a career professional, but a master of interest. Marriage and Motherhood has taken the major part of my time and I wanted to do justice to both, which I did, by concentrating on one, my life ,rather than synchronizing, both carrier and life. Now that I am proud of my handy work, walking past me to the school with "Bye mom", I have all the free time in the world, to pursue, my hobbies and passions. Actually, I had always wondered what makes people choose, careers and profession, the hazels they go through to achieve a goal, ''against all the odds ".
Blog : http://www.sapnageorge.com/
· Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?
You could say I am full time writer than blogger .Yet my quench to write, rather the inclination to write must have been there within me, of which I have a factual proof now from the forgone past .An aunt of mine "Leelamma J Enniriyil"have written a book in Malayalam (regional language of Kerala, India) in the late 40's and she passed away before the age of 30 in the late 50's. I was broght into the world of blogging by 3 wonderful friends, Antony Deign, Suryagayathry and Vishwaprabha , through online. They took such pains to be online and step by step they bought me into the world of blogging. I should be make special mention to Jacob Paul Atto, who I met in the blog world and he, taught me the English blogging and how to be in touch with absolute strangers who goes beyond any limits to help you through your setting, comments, language and much more to support your blog. I am more of a Poet, Columnist and Journalist, but all this versatile interest steered into from writing blogs . It taught me ,showed me how to choose the subjects. Though I still considers myself to be an amateur in Journalism. I have miles to go before the acclaimed honor reach me……………
- If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?
I know,starting a blog can be confusing. 15 years ago, when I started my first blog, I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. But I had a few wonderful friends who took me through each step and that's exactly what I am going to do her your YOU. If you are tech savvy searching for information and “how-to” guides on Google, will provide you with all required technical skills, but not easy to follow.
But here, I can built one for you according to your taste and requirement and later you can change password and manage on your own.
All I can say is that creating blogs is extremely easy and the whole process is somewhat automatic. So whether you are 20 or 70 years old, you can still make in less than 10 minutes. You can do that too; simply follow the steps below.
1. Decide your subject, a blog topic, anything you enjoy or are really passionate about
2. Yes, you can create a free blog on a blogger.com or tumblr.com, Word Press Here’s why I think using Word Press is the best way to start your blog:
· You can choose from many different layouts and free themes
· You can easily write blog posts and add pictures/images to your blog
· People can comment and share your blog
· It looks more professional
3. A Name for your blog
People simply cannot remember long names and when they want to return to your blog they tend to forget. It’s much better to choose something
· Easy to remember
Here are some features you might need to know about after installation. Of course, you can explore Word Press by yourself as well.Posts and Pages: Here you can add new posts or pages to your blog. To write your first blog post, check the left sidebar and choose “Post” “Add new”. You can write /edit in word file and cut and paste to the new page and also write and save in drafts for later publishing , either way, it's like keeping a diary next to your side table and updating your daily chores. Blog need not be writing only, it can be photos, recipes , your sticking ,art, craft anything that interests you. Anytime, you are stuck, doubts, feel like suggestion, you can always find me in this email, email@example.com Happy blogging.
· How do you build a community around a blog and social media?
I think blog in general feels like a community — that’s what draws so many readers, by language, country and by interest from all around. We feel connected because of similar interests and experiences. I always want my readers to feel like they’re visiting a friend’s house when they come to www.spanageorge.com, so I try my best to make everyone feel welcome. I think social media is a great way to share a more personal side with my readers — I’m able to share random titbits' that I just don’t get to on the blog. I use Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest and use them all quite differently. I find Twitter is best for quick updates here and there throughout the day, Facebook is for more in depth discussions and Pinterest is helpful because I can see what readers and bloggers are love to read of mine and others. I suggest a wider social area to promote blog that is Google and StumbleUpon.
- What are your three favourite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?
· http://www.mariasmenu.com/- a professional touch to recipes yet she keeps a personal contact to her readers and most important her recipes are very creative and yummmm
· http://rangacupofchai.blogspot.com/ - the total theme and look of the a simple yet amazing blogs, with write ups, photos, and layout.
· Limbo Poet s Flickr.com pages
· http://keralafarmer.wordpress.com/ - Chadrashekaran Nair gives you an in-depth study on earth, soil, and cultivation of any kind.