Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 85 : Kris






Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?

All you need to know about me is that I’d be perfectly happy if at the end of my life, my biography consists of this one sentence: “Through her lens she cultivated memories”.
Beyond the Whiskers (my blog) has two purposes:
1)  To provide a medium that forces me to focus on what pictures I've taken and what lessons I've learned while taking those pictures.
2)  To give my pictures a place to live where they can be shared with others (in hopes that someone will see what they like and want to be a part of the memories captured).

Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?

Nope.I try to post at least one “wordy” post on the weekend and one WW post on Wednesdays.  If I don’t have enough photos or words to go with the photos, I end up just doing one WW post that week.
My sister over at A New Adventure http://www.anewadventureblog.com) got me started.  Before starting my blog I had pictures spread across a website of my own and four different Shutterfly share sites.  It was all a bit clustered and confusing.  My sister is the one who suggested I start a blog for the New Year…it seemed like a good idea at the time, so I did.  Once I started, the pictures began to become organized by the linear nature of the posts.   

If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?

Don’t be afraid to plan your posts a head of time…especially if you know a vacation or busy time at work is coming up.

If you don’t have much to say…pictures are your friends.  Often a picture can communication your message better than words alone could.

How do you build a community around a blog and social media?

This I’m still learning.  Wordless Wednesdays (WW) and other linkys can be a really fun way to interact with others and get more involved in the bloggy community. 

What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?

1)   A New Adventure: http://www.anewadventureblog.comSince this is my sister’s blog…and my niece is often the feature…I am probably a bit biased on this one.  That being said, I do enjoy reading her sharp wit and fun attitude about daily life.

2)   Crinkle Photography: http://crinklephotography.blogspot.comReading this blog is like sitting on the porch with your best girlfriend, eating a pint of ice-cream, while gaining no calories.  She has an amazing ability to capture even the simplest of items and make it look like a piece of art waiting to happen.  

3)  Deconstructing My Closet: http://www.deconstructingmycloset.comAgain, I’m going to have to claim to be a bit biased on this one, as it’s my hubby’s blog.  I love this blog because of the crazy detail and research that goes into each post.  It reads more like a magazine article than a blog post and I always walk away knowing a great deal more about the subject than I did going in. 

Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have?

I guess I’d have to suggest a Twitter Plugin…although on Blogger I think it’s considered a gadget and on WordPress I think it’s considered a widget.  Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.  ;)










Post a Comment

0 Comments