Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 86 : Vicki Doak




Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?

Knocked Up and Abroad was conceived to re-tell the tales of a pregnant backpacker, Vicki, who travelled through 7 European countries in 7 weeks whilst 7 months pregnant, and alone! Now it's become the meanderings of a muddle through, modern day, Mummy who still likes to still travel with toddler in tow.
My Blog : http://www.knockedupandabroad.com/

Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?

I try and blog about 3-4 times a week. It's a hobby which one day I hope becomes my full time paid job. I started blogging because I was encouraged to share my unique stories. It was also a way of me practising and building my writing skills and reaching out to the wider mothering community & like minded people.

If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?

Do it for the love of it. Never feel obliged to produce a piece of writing because you think you should. Do it when you can, when you feel inspired. Try and get your readers involved and interacting.

How do you build a community around a blog and social media?

I have created a readership mostly through social media. I used Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & Instagram. I also try and read and comment on as many blogs as I can so that people know I exist and know that I am interested in their work, and often that favour is returned. I also have just entered the Top 25 Australian Mommy Bloggers Competition through www.circleofmoms.com which has been a great way of attracting a wider readership.

What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?


I enjoy reading humerous, tell it as it is blogs which celebrate motherhood and creativeness.

Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have?

Ummm.... lots of good ones. Probably the social media plugins which promote new & loyal readership - but wouldn't recommend one in particular.





Post a Comment

0 Comments